Official Contest Rules
THIS CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY.
- ELIGIBILITY:The “CALO LAFC 3252” Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the United States, 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Officers, directors, regular, full-time, part-time and temporary employees, contractors, interns, CALO NEWS representatives, and anyone previously employed within six months of the date of entry are not eligible to participate. The Contest is governed by U.S. law, is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited. All individual entrants must read and acknowledge these Official Rules.
- OVERVIEW:CALO NEWS is giving away 2 tickets to the LAFC home game on Wednesday July 12 at 7:30pm PST vs St. Louis at BMO Stadium in Los Angeles, CA. The Contest Winners (the “Winners”) will be randomly selected after the entry period has concluded. By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
- HOW TO ENTER:Subscribe to the CALO.org newsletter. All entries must be received by 1 pm PT on June 27, 2023. Any variation from the required submission format will not be considered for entry. All submissions are final.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS:Entrants agree to accept these Official Rules and the decisions of the committee as final. One (1) Winner will be named and notified by email by June 27, 2023. CALO NEWS is not responsible for lost, late, stolen, misdirected, or delayed notifications. The Winner will have two (2) business days to claim their prizes. If no response is received in two (2) business days, alternative Winners will be chosen. Winners will be responsible for their own transportation and accommodation costs related to attending the July 12 LAFC game in Los Angeles at . Limit one (1) Winner per household throughout the entire Contest. Any questions regarding the determination of the Winner will be decided in the sole discretion of Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest.
- PRIZES:The Winner will receive two (2) Supporter General Admission tickets to attend the LAFC July 12 game, with a retail value of fifty dollars ($50). Please note that for all tickets in this section, fans wearing other MLS club-branded apparel, or apparel of the opposing team, will not be permitted. Anyone violating this policy will be denied access and relocated to another seat, subject to availability and as determined by LAFC. Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be substituted by the Winners or redeemed for cash value. CALO NEWS may substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. An individual may only participate one time over the course of the Contest. The Winners agree and are solely responsible for payment of any and all applicable income or other taxes or fees due for or on account of any prize(s) or consideration received as a result of this Contest. The Winners understand that if applicable, they will be issued an IRS 1099 MISC Form in the amount equal to the retail value of their prize for the year in which the
prize was awarded. Unclaimed or rejected prizes will be donated to charity.
- REDEEMING PRIZES:All potential participants are subject to verification at the sole discretion of CALO NEWS. Anti-fraud detection devices may be used to verify winning entries. As part of the verification process, CALO NEWS may require Winners to sign and return a Confirmation of Eligibility & Liability/Publicity Release within a specified time period, or the prize may be forfeited.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY:By participating, entrant releases CALO NEWS and their present and future parents, affiliates, successors, subsidiaries, licensees, assigns and related companies, and the past and present officers, directors, trustees, governors, volunteers, employees, representatives, agents, and advertising and promotion agencies of each of the foregoing, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest, from and against any and all injury, loss or damage caused or claimed to be caused by his/her participation in the Contest and/or the acceptance, awarding, receipt, use and/or misuse of any prize, and entrant agrees that these entities are in no manner responsible for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to the Contest and/or the awarding of any prize.
- GENERAL:All federal, state and local laws apply. By participating, entrants agree (i) to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) to be bound by the decisions of CALO NEWS, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. CALO NEWS is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, garbled or illegible entries; CALO NEWS reserves the right to permanently disqualify from this Contest any person it believes has violated these Official Rules. By accepting or participating in a prize, the Winner irrevocably consents to the use of such Winners’ name, likeness, image, voice, performance (in connection with interviews and other
recordings), biographical information, and statements relating to the Contest or CALO NEWS, without further compensation, in all world-wide marketing, promotion, and publicity carried out in perpetuity by any of CALO NEWS in connection with this Contest. CALO NEWS reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest if any fraud, virus or other problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Contest, as determined by CALO NEWS in its sole discretion. If Contest is terminated before the end date/time, CALO NEWS will determine the Winners from all eligible entries received as of the termination date/time. If any such malfunction, error, disruption or similar damage occurs and impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Contest, CALO NEWS may, in its sole discretion, suspend or terminate the Contest.
- DISCLAIMERS:Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall any of CALO NEWS, or any of their respective present and future parents, affiliates, successors, subsidiaries, licensees, assigns and related companies, or the past and present officers, directors, trustees, governors, volunteers, employees, representatives, agents, and advertising and promotion agencies of each of the foregoing, be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death, resulting from participation in the Contest or acceptance, use or misuse of any prize. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that the preceding release is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or void for any reason, the entrant agrees that, by entering the Contest, (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (b) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award
for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses. Entrants hereby acknowledge that CALO NEWS have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied (including, but not limited to warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize), in fact or in law, relative to any prize. Each Winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to his/her prize after it has been delivered to such Winner via U.S. Mail, FedEx, United Parcel Service, or any other shipping agent.
Sponsor of Contest:CALO NEWS, FILL IN ADDRESS. For questions, or to obtain a complete list of winners, you may contact FILL IN EMAIL.